ARIZONA REALTORS® 2021 LINE OFFICERS
(left to right)
President Jan Leighton, President-Elect Gary Nelson, First Vice President Eric Gibbs and Treasurer Shelley Ostrowski
In the latest installment of the Leadership Interview Series, the 2021 Arizona REALTORS® Line Officers outline what they believe is the biggest challenge facing members as well their expectations for the coming year.
In the second segment, we get personal and find out what makes them tick. From industry pet peeves to the personality traits that get them into trouble.
ARIZONA REALTORS® LEADERSHIP
Become a Leader or Volunteer
Apply To Become an Arizona REALTORS® Officer – Please read these qualifications and complete the form on this page if you would like to be considered for President-Elect, First Vice President, Treasurer, Region Vice President or National Director.
Arizona REALTORS® Primary Committee Volunteer Application – Participate in the state association’s decision-making process, contribute to the Arizona real estate industry, build valuable contacts, get cutting-edge information and learn skills for your business success.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
2021 Board of Directors Orientation (Video & PowerPoint)
Serving the Arizona REALTORS® as an Officer or Director
Board of Directors Position Description
Board of Directors Responsibilities and Authority
NAR Video – “Fiduciary Duties Owed by Directors of Associations
National Association of REALTORS® Committee Involvement
Become an NAR Volunteer
Getting Involved at NAR – When it comes to making decisions at the national level, NAR’s committees, advisory boards, forums, and councils are the first place where ideas are discussed and voted upon before being approved by the Board of Directors. This brief description is provided to understand the committee selection process and how you can get involved at NAR.
- NAR Committee Selection Process
- How to Successfully Navigate the NAR Committee Selection Process with Craig Sanford
- NAR Committee Leadership Resources
- NAR Committees by Experience Level: Use this table to see the suggested level of experience that may be necessary to apply for a role on a NAR Committee
Special Awards / Other Resources
See how the Arizona REALTORS® helps members in need – Arizona REALTORS® provides direct assistance to members in Arizona and other states in times of need or with critical legal issues.
Leadership Development Opportunities
Arizona REALTORS® Leadership Training Academy (LTA) – LTA is open to Arizona REALTORS® officers and incoming local association presidents-elect. The program is designed to help our state and local presidents-elect develop their leadership and communication skills, which will help them not only in their leadership role with the state association but also in their day-to-day business.
- Module 1: Introduction to Leadership
- Module 2: Messaging & Communicating
- Module 3: Vision and Value
- Module 4: Planning for Success
NAR Leadership Assessment
You will use your NRDS ID to log in to the assessment. If you do not know your NRDS ID, you can look it up online or call Information Central at 1-800-874-6500.
• A single scenario score is not an indicator of your overall score; each scenario is designed to test specific competencies/sub-competencies. Your overall score will be calculated using your decisions from each scenario.
• You can re-take the assessment as many times as you want; there is no limit.
• You cannot “fail” this assessment; this assessment identifies areas of leadership in need of improvement, it does not indicate “failure”.
NAR REALTORS® Excelling in Association Leadership (REAL) – Learn the basics of volunteer leadership with this no-cost, self-guided online course that is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week through REALTOR® University.
NAR REALTOR® Leadership Program (RLP) – The REALTOR® Leadership Program is designed to produce the skills and knowledge necessary in REALTOR® leaders to lead local and state associations. The course is broken into four parts which combine online and in-person learning at NAR national meetings or hosted at your association.
NAR Leadership Academy – The NAR Leadership Academy identifies, inspires, and mentors emerging leaders from the local and state level. Participants complete a nine-month training program designed to develop institutional knowledge and leadership skills.