As Arizona students begin to descend upon the colleges around the state. Arizona Association of REALTORS® (AAR) has some options for those in need of financial assistance.
Arizona Association of REALTORS® Real Estate Education Scholarship
Since 1960, AAR has been providing Arizona college students with funds to attend college. To date, AAR has helped more than 150 students with scholarships. (To see the entire list of scholarship recipients, click here).
AAR currently offers scholarships at the following four Arizona schools:
- Mohave Community College, Kingman, AZ | Apply Here
- Pima Community College, Tucson, AZ | Apply Here
- Yavapai College, Prescott, AZ | Apply Here
- Northland Pioneer College, Holbrook, AZ | Apply Here
Scholarship recipients must meet the following criteria to apply for funds:
- Be a full time student for the semester in which the scholarship is awarded;
- Must have a GPA of at least 2.5 during the required 15 previous semester hours;
- Must be an Arizona resident; and
- Must provide AAR with recipient’s biographical data.
AAR also offers the Les Arie Memorial Scholarship. The Les Arie Memorial Scholarship is available to second-year students majoring in real estate or business at one of the Maricopa Community Colleges. Details are here.
In addition to these scholarships, AAR has also established two endowments. They are:
Ed Thirkhill Memorial Endowment, Arizona State University
This endowment was created in memorial of AAR Past President Ed Thirkhill. This awards $1,600 annually to an ASU graduate student who:
- Is an Arizona resident;
- Has a minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.5; and
- Have six credits in real estate from ASU.
Arizona Real Estate Professorship Endowment, Arizona State University
This endowment is used to assist funding the director positions the Business’ Real Estate Center.
History of the Arizona Association of REALTORS® Scholarship Fund:
The Association’s Arizona Real Estate Educational Foundation, a 501 (c) (3) subsidiary, formed in the lake 1960’s. The Foundation was instrumental in helping to form the Real Estate Center in the Arizona State University’s (ASU) School of Business. A professorship was funded by the Association through the Foundation. The Les Arie Scholarship Award endowment was established through the Arizona Community College Board to be used in Maricopa County.
In 2003, the Arizona Community College Board was sunset by the state of Arizona. The administration of the Les Arie Memorial Scholarship was then moved to the Maricopa Community Colleges Foundation.