AAR Updates – January 2013
New Member Benefit: zipForm Mobile
To ring in the New Year, AAR brought zipForm Mobile to our members. Now, AAR members can access zipForm on a smartphone or tablet. There is nothing to download, just visit m.zipformonline.com to get started
Are you Linkedin to AAR?
AAR offers even more ways to stay connected to what matters most to Arizona REALTORS®. Follow our updates on Linkedin by searching for Arizona Association of REALTORS or by clicking here: http://www.linkedin.com/company/arizona-association-of-realtors?trk=company_name
Save the Date!
The AAR Spring Convention is just around the corner. This year’s theme is Secrets Revealed: The New Normal. Mark your calendar for April 15-18, 2014 in picturesque Prescott, AZ. Join your fellow REALTORS® for three days of networking, strategy development, C/E and fun!
Look for more updates soon!
Updates to NAR Code Of Ethics
Article 3: Standard of Practice 3-2 is amended to add: “After a REALTOR® has submitted an offer to purchase or lease property, the listing broker may not attempt to unilaterally modify the offered compensation with respect to that cooperative transaction. (Amended 1/14)”
Article 10 and Standard of Practice 10-3: Is amended to add: “gender identity” to the list of NAR’s protected classes.
Article 11 Standard of Practice 11-1: is amended as follows:
When REALTORS® prepare opinions of real property value or price, they must:
1) be knowledgeable about the type of property being valued,
2) have access to the information and resources necessary to formulate an accurate opinion, and
3) be familiar with the area where the subject property is located unless lack of any of these is disclosed to the party requesting the opinion in advance.
When an opinion of value or price is prepared other than in pursuit of a listing or to assist a potential purchaser in formulating a purchase offer, such opinions shall include the following unless the party requesting the opinion requires a specific type of report or different data set:
8. disclosure of whether and when a physical inspection of the property’s exterior was conducted
9. disclosure of whether and when a physical inspection of the property’s interior was conducted
10. disclosure of whether the REALTOR® has any conflicts of interest (Amended 1/14)