- Second Edition of Michelle Lind’s Book Now Available
- Election Notice – 2013 AAR Line Officers
- Election Notice – Regional Vice Presidents – Regions 2 & 4
- BPOR Course: The Agent’s Role in Property Valuation
- rCRMS: Short Sales, REOs & Foreclosures
- Evolved Market… Evolved e-PRO®
- rCRMS: Leasing Essentials – SEVRAR & Tucson
- Property Management Bootcamp in Tucson
Get answers to common real estate questions at your fingertips! The second edition of Arizona Real Estate: A Professional’s Guide to Law & Practice by AAR General Counsel K. Michelle Lind is available for purchase online. The book is available to AAR members for just $21.99 ($34.00 for non-members). For the first time, the book is also available in eBook format for just $9.99.
Wednesday, March 7 – Friday, March 9, 2012
The election for 2013 AAR line officers will be held in Prescott during Winter Conference (March 8-9, 2012). The filing period is now open for the positions of President-Elect, First Vice President and Treasurer, with one-year terms beginning December 1, 2012. Applications are due to the AAR office by January 9, 2012. Applications are available online.
As of December 6, AAR has received applications for Treasurer from Paula Serven (Scottsdale Area Association of REALTORS®) and Duane Washkowiak (Southeast Valley Regional Association of REALTORS®).
The two-year term (2013-14) positions of AAR Regional Vice President (RVP) for Region 2 (Phoenix; West Maricopa County Regional) and Region 4 (Scottsdale Area; SEVRAR; Western Pinal) are open for election. If you are interested in applying, please contact your current RVP:
RVPs must notify AAR by February 1, 2012.
This one-day course from NAR provides students with the resources and knowledge to reduce their risk and increase their opportunities. Students will learn about the multiple uses of BPOs, how to evaluate and minimize the risk of the valuation process, ways to identify and use effective tools, and methods for filtering and selecting comparables in order to create professional and accurate BPOs. This class also offers you the option of earning NAR’s new certification, BPOR (BPO Resource).
CE: 6-legal issues
Instructor: Frank Dickens
It is important to understand the risks inherent in working with short sale and foreclosure transactions. By familiarizing yourself with the problems that can and do occur in these transactions, you can develop strategies to reduce risks for the clients, salespersons and brokers involved.
Instructors: Mary Frances Coleman (Thompson Law, PLC)
C/E: 3-contract law, 3-legal
Improve your social media and technology skills!
- 41% of REALTOR® business development time is spent on online marketing activities.
- 63% of REALTORS® use Facebook on a monthly basis.
- 66% of REALTORS® feel a good web presence best attracts buyers.
This program gives you a roadmap to build your business and serve the hyper-connected consumers of today and tomorrow.
- Learn about the changing market and how to connect with consumers
- Manage your online reputation
- Generate leads and gain referrals
Instructor: Joeann Fossland
This course addresses risk management topics and issues related to the AAR 2008 Residential Leasing Agreement, landlord/tenant laws, property management and brokers’ responsibilities. Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
• Avoid risks addressed by the AAR Residential Lease Agreement (“Agreement”).
• Describe how the Agreement protects tenants and landlords in a leasing transaction.
• Explain the requirements of ARLTA as they relate to the duties of landlords and tenants.
• Identify the risks associated with noncompliance with ARLTA.
• Describe the statutory requirements of property management agreements.
Instructor: Sue Flucke (Keller Williams Realty Professional Partners) & Denise Holliday (Holliday & Holliday, PC)
C/E: 3-contract law, 3-legal issues
Friday, February 10, 2012 | 8:30am – 4:30pm
Tucson Association of REALTORS®
$59 (lunch provided) | Class Flyer
Are you managing “just a few” properties for your clients? What you don’t know about property management can hurt you! This “bootcamp” will cover topics such as:
• Landlord/Tenant Act
• Fiduciary Responsibilities
• Tenant Relations
• Broker Responsibilities
• Loss Prevention
• Risk Management
CE: 3-contract law/3-disclosure
Instructors: Steve Urie, Sue Flucke, Mike Mulvena, Denise Holliday