AAR Updates – April 2012
Posted on November 29, 2012 by AAR
- 2013 Line Officers Elected
- Legal Answers at Your Fingertips
- Resort & Second-Home Markets Course in Lakeside
- What to Include in Your Advertising
- Four Upcoming SRS Courses Around the State
- View Photos from Winter Conference on AAR’s Facebook Page
- Hate Reading Online? The PRINT Arizona REALTOR® Quarterly Is for You
- Become a Senior Real Estate Specialist (SRES)
- Where to Find Your NRDS
- AAR Announces New Master of Real Estate (MRE) Society Members
At its meeting on Friday, March 9 in Prescott, the AAR board of directors elected Sue Flucke, CRB, GRI as 2013 president, Evan Fuchs, ABR, CRS, GRI, e-PRO® as president-elect, Jim Sexton, GRI as first vice president and Paula Serven, GRI as treasurer. Congratulations to all!
The second edition of Michelle Lind’s book, Arizona Real Estate: A Professional’s Guide to Law & Practice, is now available in a searchable electronic format. Just type in the term or phrase you are seeking in the search engine on your iPad, Kindle or other mobile device and find the answer. Download the electronic book for just $9.99! Get the details.
Be a part of this exciting opportunity to learn about the resort area and second-home specialty. This one-day course focuses on the essentials of assisting customers in tourist-driven areas. You’ll learn to:
- Develop a second-home clientele
- Identify real estate niches in your market
- Understand 1031 exchanges and how to use them in your marketing
- Recognize how the market shift has impacted luxury & second-home buyers
This is one of the core requirements for NAR’s RSPS certification and fulfills the elective course for the ABR designation.
Brought to you by AAR and the WCR White Mountain Chapter
Trainer: Holly Mabery, ABR, GRI
Related Resource: Article – “There’s No Place Like (a Second) Home”
AAR has received several questions from members about what should be included in advertisements. This article from our archives, “Real Estate Advertising Complaints on the Increase,” lays out the rules. You may also want to review NAR’s trademark rules on the use of REALTOR® and consider including the Equal Housing Opportunity logo.
$179 (includes lunch) | Register Online
C/E: 3-contract, 3-agency, 6-general
Wednesday, April 4 – Thursday, April 5 | 8:30am – 5:00pm
West Maricopa County Regional Association of REALTORS® | Instructor: Frank Dickens
Tuesday, April 24 – Wednesday, April 25 | 8:30am – 5:00pm
Northern Arizona Association of REALTORS® | Instructor: Frank Dickens
Wednesday, May 30 – Thursday, May 31 | 8:30am – 5:00pm
Tucson Association of REALTORS® | Instructor: Frank Dickens
Monday, August 13 – Tuesday, August 14 | 8:00am – 5:00pm
Kingman/Golden Valley Association of REALTORS® | Instructor: Holly Mabery
The SRS course is a two-day intensive program that reinvents the way you represent sellers in today’s challenging market. This course provides you with a refreshing perspective of back to basics, “nose to nose, toes to toes” consumer contact combined with today’s technology. With comprehensive education on how to deal with Baby Boomers to Gen Ys, you will gain a competitive edge to earn more while reducing risk in a market where clients rely on you more than ever for guidance through transactions.
For just $28, you get the best of our monthly online magazine content delivered to your mailbox four times a year: Legal Hotline Q&As | Updates from the Capitol | Market Insights | and more!
90% of print readers would recommend the quarterly to their colleagues:
- “After sitting at the computer all day, it is great to read a publication on paper.”
- “The content is fantastic!”
- “I love the entire publication and find it to be a VERY helpful reference source.”
- It offers “a condensed format for information.” “Direct and to the point.”
- “The magazine is a great tool to keep active agents informed.”
- “It is waiting at home where I can read and enjoy it without the constant interruptions.”
- “I love everything about it.”
Don’t miss another Hotline question or market case study. Subscribe today!
The SRES helps real estate professionals develop business-building skills and discover resources for specialization in the 50+ market. Expand your knowledge of how life stages impact real estate choices, connect with a network of resources and develop empathy with clients and customers.
- Challenge stereotypes and draw valid generalities about 50+ real estate clients.
- Adapt your communication and interpersonal approach to match generational expectations
- Raise awareness of dos and don’ts when striving to gain and serve the 50+ market.
- Understand how Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security impact real estate decisions.
Instructor Frank Dickens previews the course for you in this quick video.
Instructors: Frank Dickens, ABR, SRS, SRES, rCRMS & Laura Kovacs, CRB, SRES
CE: 6-legal issues, 6-general
You are occasionally asked for your nine-digit NRDS (National REALTOR® Database System) number—to sign up for the Legal Hotline, create a login for the AAR website and so forth.Don’t know your NRDS number? You can look it up online. What is a NRDS number? View a short video from NAR.
AAR established the MRE Society to recognize members’ educational accomplishments and provide them with a tool to market your accomplishments to the public. Please help us to congratulate the new society members.
J. Don Johnson
Carol Anne Warren